Don

Don
Kayaking on the Hudson

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome to Kayaknut

Kayaknut – Introduction
My name is Don Urmston, I’m from NY and kayaking is my passion.  I’ve been kayaking for over 16 years and I’ve owned more than 30 different kayaks.  I’m a teacher by trade so I guess it was inevitable that I would end up teaching others about kayaking.  I’m a member of the Adirondack Mountain Club, Mid-Hudson Chapter, and we love to paddle.  I lead kayak trips, teach kayaking to beginners and go out to libraries, colleges and anywhere else I get invited to give presentations about getting started in kayaking.  I started this blog so I could put all my experience in one place and pay it forward to anyone who wants to learn about kayaking.  I hope there will be something for everyone, but my target is really the everyday paddler.  I welcome questions and feedback.  Some of the topics I plan to blog about are:
Kayak basics
Choosing a kayak
Equipment
Kayak Safety
Misadventures I’ve had and what I learned from them
Kayak camping
Trip planning
Kayak Reviews- my favorite kayaks
Trip reports – Places I’ve been
If there is anything you’d like to know about or you can’t wait, give a shout and I’ll see if I can get your topic on sooner.  My email is: Mrurmston@gmail.com


See you on the water,
Don Urmston

1 comment: